What did YOU eat today?

Posted by Spammychic On Saturday, January 29, 2011 0 comments

I suck.  Gained two pounds.  Went to work today.  Didn't feel like making myself all pretty so I said fuck it and went in looking like crap.  Didn't eat all day.  Went on my break and suddenly felt ten times worse.  I came back inside and sat down by the customer service desk and Jennifer told me I look like shit.  "Did you eat today?" Pause. "Yeah." Sure. I always eat.  "What did you eat today?" Hmm. Let's pretend you didn't hear her ask that and maybe she'll forget. "Amy, what did you eat today?" Shit. "Oh... a yogurt... and some toast." She doesn't believe me, I can tell by the look on her face.  I go sit on a little stool and she finishes bagging an order and walks over to me.  "You sure you're okay?"  Ha. "Yeah, I'm fine, really.  I have a question, don't think I'm weird." Yeah, right.  "Do we sell water pills? I saw laxatives but no water pills."  More weird looks. "Yeah, they're over here, let me show you... wait, they're not for you are they??"  Umm.... "No, no, they're for a friend.  She's on her period, she's really bloated."  If I had a penny for all the weird looks...  I go back to work and try not to fall on the floor.  I happened to glance over to customer service while I was bagging and saw Jennifer talking to Dave, the assistant manager, and looking at me.  I walked by there a while later to grab something, and she told me that Dave said I could go home early if I really felt bad.  I told her I'm fine and I would stay, and I did.  After much agony, four o'clock finally rolled around and I punched out (even though my time card still doesn't work).  I went and got my stuff from the break room and picked up some things: crystal light hunger satisfaction, crystal light raspberry lemonade, Powerade Zero and my new friend, Diurex.  I brought it to customer service to be checked out and made sure Jennifer checked me out since she already thinks I'm weird (I don't need more weird looks from other people). I got my shit paycheck and paid for my things.  "Feel better," she tells me.  I go outside, expecting my mom to be there because it's now quarter after four, but no.  I have to go inside and buy minutes for my phone so I can call her to pick me up.  Now I have a little more than twenty bucks left, just enough to go down to Philly on Monday to see Joe.  When I go back inside to buy the minutes, Jennifer asks me if I had a ride.  I shrugged my shoulders and went back outside to call my mom.  She says she didn't know I got off at four, so she's on her way.  I go back inside and wait on the stool by customer service because it's too cold outside and I'm already a walking ice cube.  Jennifer is getting off her shift and she sees me sitting there and asks if I need a ride.  I said no.  Not even "no, thanks."  I felt kind of bad because I probably came off as rude.  So she left.  My mom called me back and told me that her boyfriend was picking me up.  Oh, yay.  He tries to talk to me on the way home, and I ignore him.  Mostly because I'm feeling like shit, but also because he's not my father.  I get home and plop all my crap down on my bed and hide the water pills.  I lay down for five minutes, and then go in my older brother's room (he's gone for the weekend, thank God) and bring the house phone with me to make some calls.  I called about five people (after I called my boyfriend and listened to him talk about getting high) and no one could talk, or they didn't answer.  I sat there for a while and then took two of the water pills with my Powerade Zero.  I went back on my bed in the living room and just sat there.  I couldn't move.  I couldn't even feel half of my body.  I wanted to take a nap, but I could barely keep my eyes closed.  I had a headache, I was freezing cold and shaking.  My mom came in and asked if I was okay and I said I'll be fine.  The famous question came after. "Did you eat today?"  Ugh. "Yes, mom."  Please go away. "Oh, okay."  She started walking away. "Wait, what did you eat?" Jesus, woman, leave me alone. "It's Saturday so they had food samples around the store.  I had some lunch meat and cantaloupe on my break."   She finally leaves me alone because she needs to pay attention to her boyfriend.  I lied there for three hours trying to fall asleep.  Nothing.  I finally get up to go to the bathroom, and get a chuckle when I see blue pee in the toilet.  Side effect from the water pills.  I go in the kitchen and have a cigarette for the first time in four hours (that's a freaking record).  My mom asks me if I'm okay and I said I dunno.  Good enough for her; she goes back to her stupid story about some high school crap to her boyfriend.  I go back and lay down.  I wasn't sure what was wrong with me, and I'm still not.  People are saying it could be the flu, which is just great.  I wouldn't know, because lucky me, I've never had the flu.  But that's the last thing I need right now.  That means a pissed off boyfriend when I tell him I can't come see him on Monday.  Oh well, he'll live.

I hope I feel better by tomorrow because I have work in the morning.  My mom thinks I sleep too much and that's why I feel like this.  Yeah, right.  I get tons of sleep. Ha.

0 comments:

Post a Comment